By
Morgan Lewis
I am proud to be an American because we are not like any other country. We are treated with fairness and respect by a leader who we choose to lead us. In America, we have to face consequences for all of our actions. When we vote, we are led by whomever we choose. In addition, we work as a team. There are three ways that we, as Americans, work together to make America a great place to live. We have heroes who put their lives on the line to save others. We have freedom that lets us disagree with someone without being put to death, and we have a democracy, which lets us vote and choose our leaders.
The first reason I really respect America is for our heroes. Our heroes fighting over in Iraq are reminding of the men on Titanic who refused to get on the life boats until all were sure that all women and children got in and away from the ship. America’s heroes are truly heroes and I love and respect those who die trying to save us. I remember coming home from school on September 11, and I saw my mom watching the news showing the Twin Towers crashing down and all that next week watching people holding up posters of their loved ones who had died and people rejoicing with those who got out okay. Thanks to our heroes, many of them are alive today.
The next reason I am proud to be an American is freedom. We have many rights and privileges. We have the right to bear arms, the freedom of speech, freedom to vote, and many other rights. Freedom is what makes us different from other countries. Freedom is very important. With freedom, we can disagree with others openly and not be put to death for it. We can move to different places, pick our own jobs, and we have the right to get an education. Freedom is one of the biggest things that make us America.
The last reason is democracy. With democracy, we can vote for our leaders, make this country better by deciding its needs, and acting upon those decisions. We also have courts, make laws, and unlike other countries we can choose, together as a country, the right person to lead us through any wars and hardships our country may go through. Democracy is the major thing that makes our country the U.S.A.
In conclusion, I am proud to be an American for many reasons. Democracy, freedom, and our heroes (like firefighters and policemen) are very important. They help keep our country healthy and strong. It is important to vote, learn from our choices, support our heroes, and work as a team. I am glad we have freedom. I am thankful everyone is treated fairly. I would not want to live anywhere else. I love my country!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Heather, please send me Morgan's new e-mail address. Is Makenzie's still at Yahoo?
Thanks,
Mom
Mom, you have been busy putting this blog together. What a great idea. It looks great! When I have more time I will have to sit down and read all the fun entries.
HeathAnn said: Wow! I haven't read this essay for awhile! Morgan took first place is an essay contest entitled, "Why I'm Proud to Be an American", and she was recognized at a political rally in Ocean Springs, Mississippi by the governor! She was only in the 4th grade when she wrote this essay.
Post a Comment